The Rotary Club of West Springfield established its own separate tax-exempt foundation, the "Rotary Club of West Springfield Foundation, Inc. (RCWSF)" to carry out charitable, educational and scientific work in the local community and worldwide in support of the objectives and programs of its charter and that of Rotary International.
The RCWSF is headed by an Executive Committee composed of Steve Cook, Chair; Bob Harter, Vice-Chair; Joe Frangipane, Secretary-Treasurer; and Doug Alcorn, Director.
The work of the RCWSF is supported by several committees. Of these, the Project Review Committee surveys the needs of the local community and with input from Club members makes recommendations for which projects will receive funds.
While the largest funding goes to our scholarship program that offers financial support to needy students at West Springfield High School to attend Northern Virginia Community College, the Foundation also provided funds to the following projects and organizations for 2020-21:
- Kristi's Christmas
- Lorton Community Action Center (LCAC)
- Ecumenical Community Helping Others (ECHO)
- So Others Might Eat (SOME)
- Backpacks and School Supplies for Needy Children
- Global Polio Eradication Initiative (PolioPlus)
- Dictionaries for Third Graders
- Food for Local Families in Need
- Schools in Sierra Leone
- Teacher Awards
- First Responder Awards (Police, Sheriffs Office, State Troopers and Fire Fighters)
The RCWSF is supported by contributions from the Rotary Club of West Springfield and through its own fundraising activities, including the annual Eagle Challenge Virtual Race, Reverse Raffle and Taste of Greater Springfield (TOGS) events.
Your donations to the RCWSF are greatly
appreciated and are tax deductible.